Monochromatic Photographic CompositionMonochromatic-Definition-
Monochromatic colors are all the colors (tints, tones and shades) of a single hue.
Example of Monochromatic color
Monochromatic color schemes are derived from a single base hue, and extended using its shades,tones and tints (that is, a hue modified by the addition of black, gray (black + white) and white. As a result, the energy is more subtle and peaceful due to a lack of contrast of hue. Monochromatic color schemes may be considered boring unless there is diversity within the design.
Hue in reference to color-gradation of color c : the attribute of colors that permits them to be classed as red, yellow, green, blue, or an intermediate between any contiguous pair of these colors —
Design Principles and Color Theory
Turn it black and white in Photoshop
Vector it out in Illustrator
Choose a color and turn the photograph into a monochromatic composition
Brand Manual Sample
*You will be drawing 8 thumbnail scetches and 4 enlargements of road signs.
Airplane-Ant Farm-Candle-Cell Phone-Deer Crossing-Email-Fishing-Kite Flying Area
Clip Live Gallery
Be sure to…
Stylized…no single line drawings.
No shades of gray.
Very simple designs- not complex.
Use the entire area.
Print them if you need them…
Computer Road Signs
Do a screen shot to get them into your digital portfolio gallery.
KJAM Logo Development-EXAMPLES
LOGO ANIMATION VIDEOS
LOGO DEVELOPMENT 2-Your own company.
Stockdale High Planner-Examples
- 7 inches wide by 9 inches high
- Resolution is 300
- Black, White, Silver Design
- Must have the following
- Stockdale High Logo
- http://www.fontspace.com/ You can use this site to download fonts at high resolution.
- Stockdale High School (If logo Words are PROMINENT you do not need to repeat the the words Stockdale High.)
- A California Distinguished School
- Home of the Mustangs
GET TOWER PICS HERE
- 1. You will be creating a composite image of three images.
- 2. First you need to take a picture of yourself holding the disco ball. Make sure to think about how you want to place the disco ball on the tower. (SEE EXAMPLES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WORK GALLERY)
- 3. Next, combine your picture with the picture of the tower, the pillar, and the sky.
- 4. This is a composite image and you need to blend the images together as carefully as possible, making sure to remove all of the unwanted information such as the sky behind the tower. Use your magic wand and other selection tools.
- 5. Be creative! If you have creative ideas, incorporate them into this project.
- 6.Final composition should be 720 by 480 pixels, resolution 72.
FINAL EXAM 2014
You will be tracing an image in Adobe Illustrator
You may use black, white, and varying shades of grey.
Focus primarily on the portrait, the background can be solid. Do not spend too much time on any one detail, remember, you have a limited amount of time to complete this.
FINAL EXAM 2014
- Use the hyperlink above to access the image.
- Trace the image in Illustrator.
- Save the image to the S drive, your period folder.
- Save both an AI file and a JPEG.
- Name the files-LASTNAME_FINAL_EXAM (use the same name for both files)